nanog mailing list archives

RE: 10g residential CPE

From: "Tony Wicks" <tony () wicks co nz>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 08:57:49 +1300

I Have an RB4011 and while it does work very well for the price it is not really practical for the sort of people who
don't reside on this list. Firstly the single 10G port means you have to connect it via a separate 10G switch and then
vlan the external connection to the ONT via another switch port. Secondly the physical format is great for those of us
who love the idea of a passive cooling rack mount device but not so much the stick it on a shelf masses. Thirdly the
interface has way too many knobs for anyone who does not know what MPLS stands for.