nanog mailing list archives

Re: IS-IS on FRR - Is Anyone Running It?

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2020 12:03:33 +0200

On 6/Apr/20 11:58, Saku Ytti wrote:

Why is PDU 9014, if you don't have padding? I wonder what FRR even
does at >1500B, I don't see '8870' in source code, so I don't think it
supports the EthernetII hack.

I wondered about that when I saw it, and just assumed that FRR was
account for the 14 bytes Ethernet header.

I wonder did someone verify the fix, to see what it even does? To me
it looks like what it'll do, it'll use what ever ethernetII matches
byte-size of frame, which is decidedly, not correct and would not
interoperate after 'fix'.

Hard to say. I can only try once it ships.

Mark.