nanog mailing list archives

Re: FlowSpec

From: Denys Fedoryshchenko <nuclearcat () nuclearcat com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 18:57:54 +0300

On 2020-04-23 18:13, Colton Conor wrote:
Do any of the large transit providers support FlowSpec to transit
customers / other carriers, or is that not a thing since they want to
sell DDoS protection services? FlowSpec sounds much better than RTBH
(remotely triggered blackhole), but I am not sure if  FlowSpec is
widely implemented. I see the large router manufacturers support it.

RETN

They have extended blackholing, and FlowSpec, sure its all have costs.
I'm using both services from them and quite satisfied.

In general operators don't like flowspec, because it is not easy to implement it right,
there is bugs and most important its "eating" TCAM.
For example: https://blog.cloudflare.com/todays-outage-post-mortem-82515/