nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cat 5 hurricane -- How are the Bahamas doing?

From: Jeremy Parr <jeremyparr () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2019 17:30:37 -0400

Things are bad in some places, fine in others. I can provide a more
thorough update this evening.

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019, 15:27 Sean Donelan <sean () donelan com> wrote:

On Mon, 2 Sep 2019, Sean Donelan wrote:
It is too early for damage assessments.  BTC, local Bahama
telecommunications
company, is reporting widespread power outages, and intermittent mobile
and
wireline telephone service. The Abaco Islands in northern Bahamas seem
to be
taking the worst of it.

Folks asking for updates on Bahamas.  The simple answer is I'm not hearing
any information out of the Bahamas, which is concerning in itself.

My big secret how I do network outage reports is people send me the
information.  Usually, I get lots of random emails from network people
about problems all over the U.S. and other places in the world. But
Bahamas has gone very quiet.