nanog mailing list archives

RE: BGP routes by country

From: "Keith Medcalf" <kmedcalf () dessus com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 12:21:28 -0600

RIR Delegations data is public.
https://www.apnic.net/about-apnic/corporate-documents/documents/resource-guidelines/rir-statistics-exchange-format/

The various RIR delegation statistics can be gotten from:

https://ftp.afrinic.net/pub/stats/afrinic/delegated-afrinic-latest
https://ftp.apnic.net/stats/apnic/delegated-apnic-latest
https://ftp.arin.net/pub/stats/arin/delegated-arin-extended-latest
https://ftp.lacnic.net/pub/stats/lacnic/delegated-lacnic-latest
https://ftp.ripe.net/ripe/stats/delegated-ripencc-latest

They do follow the format in the rir-statistics exchange format doc.  They are not necessarily located or replicated as
described (apparently).  Of course, the country code does not necessarily reflect where the resource is used -- I
believe it is the CC of the registering org.  If it were so simple then all the geolocation companies would be outa
business in a flash.