nanog mailing list archives

Re: Elad Cohen

From: Bjørn Mork <bjorn () mork no>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 12:42:11 +0200

Jon Sands <fohdeesha () gmail com> writes:
On 9/19/2019 6:12 AM, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:

I just want to ruling on this.  Am I the first and only person who has ever
received a cartooney directly on the NANOG list?

I can't remember if it was over NANOG or not, but back in 2010 a good
friend of mine Mike Bailey (now deceased) received similar bold faced
legal threats (mostly threats of DMCA if I remember right) from FDC
Servers when he exposed to the WHT forums that they were at the time
using power strips daisy chained, motherboards sitting on cardboard,
etc in their chicago datacenter - he documented with pictures a number
of fire code violations and was threatened with DMCA notices for
it. Sadly the pictures no longer load, but oh boy were they special:
https://web.archive.org/web/20100228172939/http://ub3r.net/fdc/readme.htm

You can see one of those pics here:
https://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/IT-watch-blog/fdcservers-colocation-data-center-gives-new-life-to-the-term-boxen/

I do agree though, this should probably be taken way off-list.

Sure.  But there is still some popcorn left ;-)

Bjørn