nanog mailing list archives

Re: rr.level3.net on autopilot?

From: Bryan Holloway <bryan () shout net>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 10:38:21 +0200

AS1, baby!!

On 9/6/19 1:45 AM, Bryan Fields wrote:
On 9/5/19 2:05 PM, Jon Lewis wrote:
I was doing some IRR clean-up and after a few successful updates, I'm no
longer able to alter or delete our objects in rr.level3.com.

Emails to rpsl () level3 com result in no action and no response.  I've tried
reaching out to the Level3 (Centurylink) NOC via email and phone, and
can't seem to find anyone who knows what rr.level3.com is, much less knows
who to talk to about troubleshooting.  Anyone know who (if anyone) keeps
the wheels spinning on the Level3 IRR?

The other day I tried to clean up some old entries from the 2000's and Genuity
entries that became part of it.  This was a failure, the NOC knew nothing
about it, and worse didn't get my black rocket jokes. No one working there
knew what Genuity was.

I gave up.