nanog mailing list archives

Re: Request comment: list of IPs to block outbound

From: Måns Nilsson <mansaxel () besserwisser org>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 06:54:24 +0200

Subject: Re: Request comment: list of IPs to block outbound Date: Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 09:24:39AM -0700 Quoting William
Herrin (bill () herrin us):

100.64.0.0/10       Private network Shared address space[3] for
                                    communications between a service
                                    provider and its subscribers
                                    when using a carrier-grade NAT.

This space is set aside for your ISP to use. like RFC1918 but for ISPs. It
is not specifically CGNAT. Unless you are an ISP using this space, you
should not block destinations in this space.

I have a hard time finding text that prohibits me from running machines
on 100.64/10 addresses inside my network. It is just more RFC1918 space,
a /10 unwisely spent on stalling IPv6 deployment.

/Måns, guilty.
--
Måns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE           SA0XLR            +46 705 989668