nanog mailing list archives

Re: all major US carriers received text messages overnight that appear to have been sent around Valentine's Day 2019

From: Trevor Manternach <trevormanternach () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 10:59:07 -0700

I believe Syniverse only comes into play when you text someone on a
different carrier than your own. Syniverse is basically the middle-man for
that message delivery, and a server of theirs just spooled ~150k messages
until someone rebooted/fixed that server.

It sounds like these messages were never originally delivered to begin
with, so "re-sent" is not exactly accurate.

--
Trevor Manternach

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 10:56 AM Brandon Svec <bsvec () teamonesolutions com>