nanog mailing list archives

Re: AT&T released DANOS code to Linux Foundation

From: Rubens Kuhl <rubensk () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 18:10:39 -0300

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 5:55 PM Brielle <bruns () 2mbit com> wrote:

On 11/18/2019 1:31 PM, Jared Geiger wrote:
This past Friday, the code for DANOS was released as open source to the
Linux Foundation and published at https://github.com/danos

This is pretty awesome news.

 From what I'm reading, it looks like the commercial support options
will be able to use ZebOS as the routing engine instead of quagga?
EdgeOS has been using it for a while, and was a huge step up in terms of
stability and functionality.

Curiously, at the same time EdgeOS replaced Quagga with ZebOS I started
reading more complaints and more people dropping UBNT altogether in the L3
world.
So I wonder if it was a good decision or not...

Rubens