nanog mailing list archives

RE: Disney+ Streaming

From: "Aaron Gould" <aaron1 () gvtc com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 10:27:11 -0800

Justin’s original question was “….. Is it well known where the newly released Disney+ streaming service content is
sourced?...”

With Eric’s finding of “I saw various content being served from Akamai, Amazon, Fastly and Limelight so far. I'm in
Montreal.”

Is this an absolute answer as to how Disney+ is handling delivery of their content?  If not, are there any Disney folks
listening that could respond to me either off list or on the community thread here about how we should expect to see
this Disney+ content sourced and whether or not Disney+ has or is planning on building out an ISP-located CDN type of
network, much like all the others? (OCA, FNA, AANP, AEC, ACE, GGC)

-Aaron