nanog mailing list archives

Re: Disney+ Streaming

From: "Brian J. Murrell" <brian () interlinx bc ca>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 21:34:00 -0500

On Tue, 2019-11-12 at 15:32 -0800, Matthew Petach wrote:
My point was that Disney has a lock on much of the content kids love.

Which was, until Disney+, on Netflix.

https://www.theverge.com/2012/12/4/3727688/netflix-streaming-rights-new-disney-marvel-pixar-movies

Netflix/HBO/AmazonPrime, not so much.

The above article (and the number of kids in my life with their
eyeballs constantly glued to TV screens) says otherwise.

So, the new eyeballs aren't going to be from parents watching
different
shows, it'll be from parents watching their adult-ish stuff, while
the kids
are happily ensconced with Disney+.

But those little eyeballs aren't new.  They have already been watching
as much streaming as their parents would allow -- unrestricted in
probably too many cases.

I called out Game of Thrones and Good Omens as shows that are popular
with
adults but that aren't terribly family friendly, so you won't be
getting
many 12-and-unders watching them.

No, instead they were already watching the ass-barn-load of kids
content that is on the existing streaming services.

b.