nanog mailing list archives

Re: webauthn

From: Michael Thomas <mike () mtcc com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2019 12:02:09 -0700

On 3/23/19 5:18 AM, Mauricio Rodriguez wrote:
My understanding is that 2-factor is one of the primary drivers for webauthn.  I feel that hardware dongles are the thing of the past, with software now being available that runs on your smartphone and serves the same function.  Example - Google Authenticator.

2FA is fine, but the real problem is one factor passwords going over the wire. If we did nothing than get rid of that, it would be a massive upgrade to security on the net.

Mike

______
Regards,
Mauricio Rodriguez
Founder / Owner
Fletnet Network Engineering (www.fletnet.com <http://www.fletnet.com/>)
1951 NW 7th Ave #600, Miami, FL 33136

Mauricio.Rodriguez () fletnet com <mailto:Mauricio.Rodriguez () fletnet com>
Office: +1-786-309-5493
Mobile: +1-305-978-6884

Schedule a Meeting with me <http://scheduling.fletnet.com/mauricio_rodriguez>