nanog mailing list archives

Yahoo/Oath GeoDNS Issue (AS36647)

From: John Von Essen <john () essenz com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2019 10:21:09 -0400

If anyone from Yahoo/Oath is here, please email me off-list. Have a GeoDNS issue with yahoo API URLs in Australia, DNS results are returning IPs that are not ideal for the region (like on the other side of the world), it so bad (excess latency), we have to override them locally which I really rather not have to do. This is related to operations of a major/global search engine platform.

In Australia, these Yahoo URLs should be resolving to Singapore, but instead are resolving to central USA. The issue started a few weeks back, prior to that DNS resolution was working to Singapore.

Thanks

John