nanog mailing list archives

Re: few big monolithic PEs vs many small PEs

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 17:27:02 +0200

On 27/Jun/19 14:03, adamv0025 () netconsultings com wrote:

I believe it would, for a time, but it would require SW upgrade -testing etc.. even newer SW in itself gave us better
resource management and performance optimizations.
However even with powerful CP and streamlined SW we'd be still just buying time while pushing the envelope.
Hence the decentralization at the edge seems like a natural strategy to exit the uroboros paradigm.

Well, this is one area where I can't meaningfully add value, since you
know your environment better than anyone else on this list.

Mark.