nanog mailing list archives

Re: Changing upstream providers, opinions/thoughts on 123.net and cogent

From: Ben Cannon <ben () 6by7 net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 18:15:48 -0800

Run BGP and use multiple upstream providers as soon as you can.

-Ben

On Jan 4, 2019, at 4:57 AM, Aaron Henderson <ahenderson () avci net> wrote:

I work for a rural ISP and the powers that be have been thinking about changing our upstream providers. The big names
on the table right now are 123.net and Cogent.

I, along with the people in my circle, do not have any experience with these providers and all we are getting is what
sales are dishing us.

I was hoping some of you here might have experience with these providers and could share your experiences and
opinions.

Thanks,