nanog mailing list archives

Re: DNS Flag Day, Friday, Feb 1st, 2019

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 13:42:56 -0500

you are seriously cracking me up... but.

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 6:05 AM Niels Bakker <niels=nanog () bakker net> wrote:

* morrowc.lists () gmail com (Christopher Morrow) [Thu 24 Jan 2019, 06:46
CET]:
So, we're asking 'everyone' to do 'something' on behalf of their
domains, their users and the rest of the internet... we can't seem
to do that in a fashion that's traceable, clearly has ownership and
doesn't look like every halfbaked spam campaign in the world.

Oh wait, you had to scroll down on the main dnsflagday.net page to see
those links, which in this day of only the first page of Google
results mattering, isn't going to happen, apparently.

someone sent a url in a mail message, you didn't seriously just click on it
without any attempt to verify it wasn't
bad/problematic/going-to-eat-your-brain ?
(in this day and age, everyone apparently does just do that)