nanog mailing list archives

Re: Network Speed Testing and Monitoring Platform

From: Colton Conor <colton.conor () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 08:37:26 -0600

Aaron,

How does the https://account.speedtestcustom.com/login  differ from hosting
a speedtest.net server as an ISP, and letting anyone test through it? Seems
the speedtest custom is a paid option, but hosting a speedtest.net server
is free if you allow it to the public domain. Sure it uses up bandwidth
(which I am sure you have a ton of), so I don't see the point of having a
custom one?