nanog mailing list archives

Re: Dnssec still inoperable on the internet ?— was ARIN NS down?

From: Ca By <cb.list6 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 11:33:56 -0800

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 10:54 AM Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm pp se>
wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019, Ca By wrote:

Thanks for the update that dnssec STILL causes more real world problems
than it solves.

Do you feel the same way about RPKI?

Misorgination is a real threat we see all the time (threat on uptime, if
not more)

That said, i think history has shown we get more kilometers out of good
 BGP policy control hygiene and IRR data than RPKI.  I don’t think that
will change in the future. I do wish irr data was better, for many values
of better.

My routes are rpki signed. But, my router kit and ops procedure don’t make
me enforcing near-term achievable.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike () swm pp se