nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cisco ASR's with RSP440 engines...

From: James Bensley <jwbensley () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 15:57:49 +0000

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 at 15:29, Tom Hill <tom () ninjabadger net> wrote:

On 18/02/2019 21:50, John Von Essen wrote:

Hi John,

If anyone on here has experience with the ASR series running the
RSP440-SE or -TR, please contact me off-list. I'm trying to better
understand real world performance when it comes to handling a few full
BGP tables on these, it would be running as very basic edge router
primarily just doing BGP. I know the RSP440 is EOL, but the plan would
be to upgrade to RSP880 within a year.

The 440 is a beast. Faster even than the 9001's RP. You'll be fine with
a LOT of BGP edge work. :)

Tom's experiances mirror my own, the 440 is a work horse, a few BGP
feeds will be no problems.

Cheers,
James.