nanog mailing list archives

Re: A Zero Spam Mail System [Feedback Request]

From: hank () interall co il
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 07:54:04 +0200

On 18/02/2019 04:03, Viruthagiri Thirumavalavan wrote:

If that is the case you should have a startup worth at least $10M with numerous VC banging down your door. If not, you need to ask yourself the question "why not?".

-Hank

Hello Everyone,

My name is Viruthagiri Thirumavalavan. I'm the guy who proposed SMTP over TLS on Port 26 last month. I'm also the guy who attacked (???) John Levine.

Today I have something to show you. Long story short.... I solved the email spam problem. Well... Actually I solved it long time back. I'm just ready to disclose it today. Again...

@Everyone

Here is what you all should know.

It's my 5 years of research. So it's worth more than 50 words. I started my work back in 2013 and I used to call my work "XMail" at that time. It's now called "Dombox"

My prototype codebase has around 200,000 lines of code. [To be exact: 466,965 ++ 254,169 --]

Sequoia Capital is one of the well known venture firm in the world. They have invested in over 250 companies since 1972, including Apple, Google, Oracle, PayPal, Stripe, YouTube, Instagram, Yahoo! and WhatsApp. Bill Coughran is a senior investor in Sequoia Capital. According to his linkedin profile, he started as a Programmer in the late 60s and held many engineering related positions over the years. Worked in Bell Laboratories for 20 years. Worked as SVP of Engineering in Google for 8.5 years. To quote his words "I have some level of expertise about the current email systems, which is why I was did some investigating". So this man is one of the toughest person to impress. But he is one of the nicest investor I have met. When I asked him whether he can take a look, he didn't insult me with words like "You think you are the inventor of FUSSP?" He just told me "Sure, I'd be happy to." He went through my entire paper and then sent me this mail. He later turned me down because it's hard for a startup to distribute a new solution. Maybe he is right. Or maybe I'll overcome that too. [Today's discussion is about whether I solved the spam problem. Not about how I'm gonna distribute the solution]

Yesterday I published my work on a medium blog post and linked my white paper. An engineer read my white paper and sent me this mail. These guys see value in my white paper because they completed my ~300 pages white paper. ----------------------------------

Materials:

System Overview - https://medium.com/@Viruthagiri/dombox-the-zero-spam-mail-system-2b08ff7432cd

White Paper - https://www.dombox.org/dombox.pdf

Flowcharts - https://www.dombox.org/flowcharts.pdf