nanog mailing list archives

Re: Wikipedia drops support for old Android smartphones; mandates TLSv1.2 to read

From: "Constantine A. Murenin" <mureninc () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 05:44:24 -0600

Just to make it clear: are you suggesting that it should be a requirement
to always verify the site where anonymous people make anonymous edits?  Let
that sink in.

C.

On Tue, 31 Dec 2019 at 05:31, J. Hellenthal <jhellenthal () dataix net> wrote:

... because you should be able to verify the site you are at is actually
the site you intended to be at...

Let the old crap go. Besides the sheer amount of ppl left that have the
older phones most likely are not going to Wikipedia anyway.

--
 J. Hellenthal

The fact that there's a highway to Hell but only a stairway to Heaven says
a lot about anticipated traffic volume.