nanog mailing list archives

Re: [nanog] Cisco GLBP/HSRP question -- Has it ever been dis

From: Chriztoffer Hansen <chriztoffer () netravnen de>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2019 02:29:08 +0200

cyrus,

cyrus ramirez wrote on 04/08/2019 21:40:
If you're looking for vendor neutral FHRP, VRRP has RFC
documentation. GLBP and HSRP are Cisco proprietary protocols
and are protected information other than the study material
and how too out there.

The thing about the study material I know already. (have been
through both ccna- and ccnp-level route/switch/design training material
in recent 1-4 years)

The question was simply about if GLBP/HSRP had ever been up in discussions in the IETF concerning publishing the protocol specifications as a standard. (As pointed out. I totally forgot about the RFC concerning HSRP.) Haven't gotten a response on the GLBP part. Which I am more than doubtful, myself, will ever come to fruition as a standard in an IETF WG.

--

[ have you enabled IPv6 on something today...? ]
[ Chriztoffer Hansen            +1 914 3133553 ]