nanog mailing list archives

Re: IP Route Hijacking Bad Actor: AS57129/RU-SERVERSGET-KRSK, RU/Optibit LLC

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 18:27:12 -0700

Have no history/background that I can share.

In terms of actions, this seems obvious, but…

Look at the AS Paths fo the hijacked prefixes announced from 57129 and start with the
second to last AS and work backwards asking that at least those prefixes from 57129 be
rejected/filtered.

Most legitimate providers faced with appropriate documentation of prefix registration in the
relevant RIR will do the following:
        1.      Contact their customer/peer and ask them to stop announcing.
        2.      Install the necessary filters.
        3.      If 1 is not successful in a reasonable amount of time, potentially escalate to
                disconnection/depeering.

Owen