nanog mailing list archives

RE: What can ISPs do better? Removing racism out of internet

From: "Keith Medcalf" <kmedcalf () dessus com>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2019 12:24:31 -0600

On Monday, 5 August, 2019 10:25, Bryan Fields <Bryan () bryanfields net> wrote:

I'd be more concerned with the lack of notice given to their
customer.  This was 24 hours notice, and I'd expect at least
30 days under any hosting contract.  This scares the shit
out of me as a customer; could cloudflare decide to give me
no notice and shut my services off?

Yes.  This is in Cloudflare's Terms of Service.  You pay them and they provide services.  They may decide to terminate
those services at any time, without any prior notice whatsoever, and keep your money.  You agree to this when you
contract with them.

So I would suppose that this just means that you would not do business with Cloudflare.  That is your right.  If you do
not like the contract provisions you are free not to contract with them.

If you do not mind that they may decide at any point in time for any reason or no reason at all to terminate your
services and stop providing the service for which you have paid in advance (and without refund), then you are free to
do so.

As always, the choice is yours.  No one compels you to do business with Cloudflare.