nanog mailing list archives

Re: What can ISPs do better? Removing racism out of internet

From: Fred Baker <fredbaker.ietf () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2019 00:12:17 -0700

On Aug 4, 2019, at 8:41 PM, Mehmet Akcin <mehmet () akcin net> wrote:

I am sure there are many sites like this out there, but could network operators do anything to make these sites “not
so easy” to be found, reached, and used to end innocent lives?

I''d suggest reducing their reputation rankings, as reported by SpamHous and their kin. That's not to say that
"Spamhaus and their kin must", although that would be one implementation. Another would be to include them also some
other ranking mechanism in the analysis, and reduce the reputation of such sites in the implied alternative.

Another would be to include such rankings in their calculations of whom to accept as customers - BGP or otherwise - and
if some AS seems to accept such as customers, not accept them. I imagine they do, to some extent, but this could be
followed up more closely.