nanog mailing list archives

Re: automatic rtbh trigger using flow data

From: Baldur Norddahl <baldur.norddahl () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2018 11:45:29 +0200

I would redirect the packet to a VRF with one global drop UDP ACL. That
scales perfectly. There is probably many ways to implement such a feature.

søn. 2. sep. 2018 11.07 skrev Ryan Hamel <Ryan.Hamel () quadranet com>:

Baldur,

Modifying the routing table with a next-hop change from a community, is
different than having a line card filtering packets at layer 4, of course
most if not all carriers will support it. Instead of doing normal TCAM
route lookups, you’re getting into packet inspection territory, which is
something completely different.

Just quickly reading the ASR 9K documentation, it can only support 3K
rules per system. Juniper – 8K, Alcatel-Lucent – 512. That’s pretty low
considering I can put many /32s into a routing table very easily and
without hassle.

As I said before, no ISP is going to offer such filtering services for
free when DDoS mitigation is a cash cow.

Ryan Hamel