nanog mailing list archives

Re: Oct. 3, 2018 EAS Presidential Alert test

From: valdis.kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2018 18:14:40 -0400

On Wed, 03 Oct 2018 12:53:57 -0700, mike.lyon () gmail com said:

Interesting question though... I wonder if people on micro-cells and/or wifi
calling don’t get the alerts. That would be extremely dumb and irresponsible of
the cell phone carriers, so its likely the case :)

Oddball corner case - I'm at home taking a sick day, and my Moto X4 on Project
Fi *did* receive the alert text right at 2:18 but did *not* trigger the amazingly loud and
annoying alert tone. Phone says it's set for wifi calling, but has a tower in
sight too.