nanog mailing list archives

Re: It's been 20 years today (Oct 16, UTC). Hard to believe.

From: Michael Thomas <mike () mtcc com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 20:43:10 -0700

On 10/16/2018 08:36 PM, Scott Brim wrote:

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018, 22:37 Michael Thomas <mike () mtcc com <mailto:mike () mtcc com>> wrote:

    I believe that the IETF party line these days is that Postel was
    wrong
    on this point. Security is one consideration, but there are others.

    Mike

I saw just a small swing of the pendulum toward the center, a nuanced meaning for "liberal". The adage wasn't tossed out. Operationally it can't be.

All of the security types were pretty unanimous when this came up during all of the dkim stuff i worked on. I was a fan, and I got schooled.

Mike