nanog mailing list archives

Re: WIndows Updates Fail Via IPv6

From: Clinton Work <clinton () scripty com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 09:18:06 -0700

I saw this issue randomly on Windows PCs due to IPV6 TCP checksum
offloading.
Try the following on the problem Windows machine:
- Open the Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> Network Interface
  (Ethernet NIC):- Under the Network Adapter -> Advanced Tab, disable these options
  if present:TCP Checksum Offloading (IPV6) -> Disabled
UDP Checksum Offloading (IPV6) -> Disabled
- Try Windows update again

--
Clinton Work
Airdrie, AB