nanog mailing list archives

Re: Route Reflector Client Design Question

From: Nick Hilliard <nick () foobar org>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2018 11:29:09 +0100

Mark Tinka wrote:
On 4/May/18 08:01, Erik Sundberg wrote:
My questions is how do I get traffic to go directly between the PE's without going to the Core Routers?

1. Can I enable iBGP between the PE's in a full mesh to allow traffic between the PE's without going to the core's. Or
does this break the Route Reflector model?

You could do, but then you lose the point of the RR in the first place,
as it's likely your Metro-E nodes will continue to grow, making this

one option potentially worth looking at here would be optimal route reflection. "Potentially" because vendors haven't been shipping ORR for long and some implementations are still working themselves through the design kink stage.

Nick