nanog mailing list archives

Re: Segment Routing

From: Saku Ytti <saku () ytti fi>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 17:59:34 +0300

On 22 May 2018 at 17:43, steve ulrich <sulrich () botwerks org> wrote:

Hey,

sorry, yes. i was referring to SRTE wrt the pop operation.

Yup RSVP=>SR is more ambiguous and debatable than LDP=>SR which is
unambiguous win.

not labels but they are encoded as labels.  i hope operators have the option
to configure common/consistent label ranges, but i don't necessarily assume
it.  tooling to resolve this will be required just as in the LDP world.

I've not had this tooling in LDP world, and not anticipating to need
it in SR world. But maybe I'm missing something, what kind of
information do you need in LDP world which you need to develop tooling
for, and how does the problem+solution translate to SR world?

--
  ++ytti