nanog mailing list archives

Re: AT&T mobile intercepting TCP sockets?

From: lists () as23738 net
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 13:10:43 -0700

IME ATT has intercepted virtually everything on mobile (this is on a hotspot) -

If I curl a HTTP vs HTTPS site, I get a different IP on each (one is obviously a shared web proxy); if I download
images, they won't match md5-wise with the original version, etc. I have trouble connecting to VPNs that aren't
standard SSL VPNs. They appear to MITM all web traffic they can. Using third party DNS servers has questionable results.