nanog mailing list archives

Re: internet - sparkle

From: craig washington <craigwashington01 () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 21:45:00 +0000

Agree with this 💯
Traffic engineering is non existent making it a pain to move your traffic besides not advertising the prefix to them

Sent from my iPhone

On May 16, 2018, at 12:33 PM, Ca By <cb.list6 () gmail com> wrote:

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 9:14 AM Michael Crapse <michael () wi-fiber io> wrote:

Additionally, whilst not "technically" a tier 1 provider, Hurricane
electric should be high on that list. Especially as one of the best
providers of and proponents for IPv6. We'll see into the future, HE may
have one of the most critical infrastructures, and should be a "part-owner"
of the internet.

Fully disagree.

1). HE cant reach cogent on v6. Forget whos fault it is, it is a liability
for anyone that relies on HE

2). They dont support common bgp communities like no-export, so trying to
do TE is a mess.

3). They are at the center of nearly every bgp hijacking fiasco because
they dont have reasonable route controls.

HE is a liability to us all until they fix their bgp filters

https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/2018/04/amazons-route-53-bgp-hijack/