nanog mailing list archives

Problems with Skype video - outgoing calls only

From: Igor Krneta <igor.krneta () elta-kabel com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 13:46:29 +0200

Hi guys,

last few days we have a several of our customers complaining about weird problem with skype video chat.

When they try to initiate video call from their computer, call fails and receiving side gets notification that they were called. But when receiving side tries to call them, call gets through immediately, no problems.

This affects only video calls. Audio calls, chat, file transfer, group conference all work without any problems during the same session. And we have sent our tech's to customer premises with our own equipment.

They too have the same problem while on location while using our laptops/phones/tablets.

After customers started complaining, we switched their IP address to some of our other IP ranges and problem was gone for some time.

Now, we have started getting reports of skype video not working from our other IP ranges.

What's most frustrating about this problem is that it's not a problem for all users in particular subnet, only a few of them at time. For others, everything works as usual.

We have checked and double checked everything about our network, and all is well and in normal parameters.

No new firewalls/rules/equipment change/updates....

Anyone having same issues maybe ?

Sincerely,

Igor Krneta

Elta Kabel d.o.o.