nanog mailing list archives

Websurfing trouble to .gov and .il.us

From: Sam Kretchmer <sam () coeosolutions com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 17:44:47 +0000

Nanog,

I am part of a small ISP based in Chicago. We have several clients complaining of an inability to hit a couple specific
government websites, specifically http://tierii.iema.state.il.us/TIER2MANAGER/Account/Login.aspx and
https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/. It does seem to be related to the IP's they use, specifically parts of
213.159.132/22. They can surf any other site we can think of, do email, IPSec tunnels, anything apparently but surf
these sites. The listed sites show "loading" then "connecting" then back to "loading" and so on. I have checked all the
blacklist sites I can get out of google. and they all show all green. I am at a loss as to what else might be
contributing to the issue. Is there anyone on list here from either of those sites who might be able to help who can
hit me off list, or anyone at all who might have some advice? It would be appreciated. All I need to do is to assign
different IP's to the client and it works fine (hopefully eliminating Layer 1 and Layer 2, i.e. routers, circuits,
etc..) My apologies if this is not the correct forum for this kind of question.

Thanks

Sam