nanog mailing list archives

Re: Documenting hardware

From: Andrew Latham <lathama () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 12:20:02 -0500

As mentioned in the IPAM thread there are many solutions out there that
cover the whole DCIM stack. A device documentation could be captured via
https://netbox.readthedocs.io/en/latest/data-model/dcim/#devices or even
https://www.mediawiki.org

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 12:15 PM Dovid Bender <dovid () telecurve com> wrote:

I am sure this has been covered in the past but I can't seem to find it. We
need a simple solution to document connections in the date center. We don't
need anything fancy (e.g. something that will probe our hardware). We need
something where we can enter what switch ports are connected to what
servers the vlans for each port etc.

TIA.

--
- Andrew "lathama" Latham -