nanog mailing list archives

Re: Impacts of Encryption Everywhere (any solution?)

From: Lee Howard <lee.howard () retevia net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 10:53:49 -0400

On 06/17/2018 02:53 PM, Brad wrote:
While I agree there are unintended consequences every time advancements are made in relation to the security and
stability of the Internet- I disagree we should be rejecting their implementations. Instead, we should innovate further.

I look forward to your innovations.
Just because end to end encryption causes bandwidth issues for a very small number users - then perhaps they could
benefit the most by these changes with additional capacity.

I encourage you to invest billions of dollars in rural broadband capacity worldwide. The rest of us will thank you for your sacrifice.

Lee

-Brad

-------- Original message --------From: Michael Hallgren <mh () xalto net> Date: 6/17/18  11:14  (GMT-07:00) To: nanog ()
jack fr eu org Cc: Matthew Petach <matt () petach org>, nanog () nanog org Subject: Re: Impacts of Encryption Everywhere (any
solution?)