nanog mailing list archives

Re: ICANN GDPR lawsuit

From: Hank Nussbacher <hank () efes iucc ac il>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2018 15:47:21 +0300

On 01/06/2018 15:24, niels=nanog () bakker net wrote:
* hank () efes iucc ac il (Hank Nussbacher) [Fri 01 Jun 2018, 06:56 CEST]:
The entire whois debacle will only get resolved when some hackers attack
www.eugdpr.org, ec.europa.eu and some other key .eu sites.  When the
response they get will be "sorry, we can't determine who is attacking
you since that contravenes GDPR", will the EU light bulb go on that
something in GDPR needs to be tweaked.

Please stop inciting lawbreaking, and stop spreading long debunked
talking points.  Both are really inappropriate for this list.

    -- Niels.

The point was not to encourage law breaking.  Sorry if that what was
perceived.  The point is that the people who designed GDPR did not take
whois into consideration in the least.  And we  all will suffer because
of that.

-Hank