nanog mailing list archives

RE: Application or Software to detect or Block unmanaged swicthes

From: "Christopher J. Wolff" <cjwolff () nola gov>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2018 19:03:26 +0000

Cisco ISE will accomplish this.

-----Original Message-----
From: NANOG [mailto:nanog-bounces () nanog org] On Behalf Of segs
Sent: Thursday, June 7, 2018 3:57 AM
To: nanog () nanog org
Subject: Application or Software to detect or Block unmanaged swicthes

Hello All,

Please I have a very interesting scenario that I am on the lookout for a solution for, We have instances where the
network team of my company bypass controls and processes when adding new switches to the network.

The right parameters that are required to be configured on the switches inorder for the NAC solution deployed to have
full visibility into end points that connects to such switches are not usually configured.

This poses a problem for the security team as they dont have visibility into such devices that connect to such switches
on the NAC solution, the network guys usually connect the new switches to the trunk port and they have access to all
VLANs.

Is there a solution that can detect new or unmanaged switches on the network, and block such devices or if there is a
solution that block users that connect to unmanaged switches on the network even if those users have domain PCs.

Anticipating your speedy response.

Thank You!