nanog mailing list archives

Re: Puerto Rico Internet Exchange

From: Bill Woodcock <woody () pch net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 10:45:10 -0700

On Jun 5, 2018, at 11:47 AM, Mehmet Akcin <mehmet () akcin net> wrote:

thank you very much to so many people who have reached out providing leads
, made introductions and followed up offering help.

I wanted to update the list with the progress we have made so far.

1) We've identified several datacenter facilities where networks are
commonly present and diverse from each other with some additional network
assets. We will soon be touring these facilities.
2) We've talked to backbone and transit providers and got incredible deals
for this market & caribbean
3) We've engaged few "core" Content networks and asked them to join our
initiative (Great interest here but we need more.)
4) Last but not least, we need some people on the island for bootstrapping
and ongoing support of the IX and the members (this is a challenge, I will
personally work on resolving by spending 2 weeks in August in Puerto Rico
both searching & interviewing candidates.
5) We were offered some hardware donations but they are fairly old

PCH is always willing to donate new equipment to support any IXP.  We’re generally giving out 100G-capable switches for
IXPs now.

                                -Bill