nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cellular backup connections

From: "K. Scott Helms" <kscott.helms () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 14:34:00 -0500

I really can't believe I'm going to say this, but this has been a good
SD-WAN use case for us.

Scott Helms

On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 2:30 PM Aaron1 <aaron1 () gvtc com> wrote:

On the topic of static ip... as a Net Eng of an ISP, and seeing the pains
that we have to endure with our static ip customers , I wonder if static ip
customers actually inadvertently get less optimal treatment than more
flexible, agile and dynamic ip customers ?

I’m saying that since over the years as I have migrated from one router to
another, from one technology Ethernet/IP, mpls/ip, it’s more difficult to
move those static customers subnets around, and sometimes easier just to
leave them on an old router where they’ve been for years.

Aaron