nanog mailing list archives

Re: Dedicated Server and IP anycast provider recommendation

From: Jay Ford <jnford () uiowa net>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2018 08:58:32 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 7 Aug 2018, John Kristoff wrote:
For those that may have used or know of a service like this.  I know
some exist, but it doesn't seem to be that popular or widely advertised
as a standard service.

I'm interested in pointers to a hosting/network provider that leases
dedicated servers and can provide an anycast IP address assignment to
two or more US-diversely connected POPs, but with reasonably consistent
routing (e.g. peering, transit).  A customer-shared prefix is OK. I'm
interested in pointers to networks that would provide the prefix and
handle all the routing.

Depending on the details of what you're after, Packet Host and/or Vultr might suffice. They do BGP, IPv4 & IPv6 even. They have various flavors of servers, some of which might meet your definition of "dedicated". I do a little BGP-based anycast DNS with both of them, with pretty decent results.

Jay Ford, Network Engineering Group, Information Technology Services
University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242
email: jay-ford () uiowa edu, phone: 319-335-5555