nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 public DNS broken w/ AT&T CPE

From: mike.lyon () gmail com
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2018 12:04:27 -0700

Because it would be wasteful not to use it???

On Apr 2, 2018, at 11:48, Brett Watson <brett () the-watsons org> wrote:

On Apr 2, 2018, at 10:18, John Levine <johnl () iecc com> wrote:

In article <7DB5FAC7-972A-4EB6-89D9-B305A723334F () cloudflare com> you write:
If you know of others please send them my way so we can investigate.

A lot of hotel and coffee shop captive portals use it for the login
and logout screens.  Don't know what the underlying software is, but
wander around London and hop on the wifi at coffee shops and hotels
and you'll run into it soon enough.

Tons of it in the US in hotels, airports, and any number of other places that folks have already mentioned. Why we
are still experimenting with IPv4 space is a bit of a mystery to me.

-b