nanog mailing list archives

Re: Is WHOIS going to go away?

From: "John Levine" <johnl () iecc com>
Date: 24 Apr 2018 14:56:35 -0400

In article <DM5PR07MB35809FB2252B3AA022D915B3DAB40 () DM5PR07MB3580 namprd07 prod outlook com> you write:
The days when some in the technical community could just discard others arguments by saying that  "[you] have no idea
how the
Internet works" have long passed. I will not get intimidated nor will I step back. Old tricks, won't work, it's as old
as the
dysfunctional WHOIS and will disappear.

Now I'm confused.  Surely you do not mean that we should take your
arguments seriously even though you have no idea how the Internet
works.

In my experience, the nanog crowd can be grumpy but it is entirely
open to discussions that are based on facts and an understanding of
the issues.

R's,
John