nanog mailing list archives

Re: Are any of you starting to get AI robocalls?

From: Merve Sahin <sahin () eurecom fr>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 14:07:58 +0200

There is also Lenny :
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLduL71_GKzHHk4hLga0nOGWrXlhl-i_3g

And here is our paper on using chatbots against voice spam:
https://www.usenix.org/conference/soups2017/technical-sessions/presentation/sahin

It seems the future of voice spam will be the chatbots talking to each
other!

Merve

On 04/04/2018 17:08, Jim Shankland wrote:
On 4/4/18 7:44 AM, Sean Pedersen wrote:
Yep. Add it to the list of IRS scams, fake arrest warrants, credit
repair, free vacations, etc. The rate of calls has increased
dramatically in the past year, especially with the "neighborhood scam"
where they spoof their CLID to a local area code and prefix + 0000
through 9999 and blast you with calls, trying to trick you into
thinking it's someone local and thus important or legitimate.

Let me also put in a good word for the Jolly Roger Telephone Co.
(http://www.jollyrogertelco.com). Don't just defend, fight back.

Jim