nanog mailing list archives

Re: validating reachability via an ISP

From: Andy Davidson <andy () nosignal org>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 07:49:19 +0000

On 29/03/2018, 00:22, Andy Litzinger <andy.litzinger.lists () gmail com> wrote:

The root cause is that the our prefix is not being adequately
re-distributed globally by the regional ISP.  This is unexpected and we are
working through this with them now.

Hi, Andy —

Are you failing to advertise it, or are they filtering it on ingress, or are they failing to send it to their other
peers?

One configuration mishap which is starting to come along more and more partial or poor reachability caused by route
objects which are not correctly published in the IRRDB. It is going to be essential to make sure that you have properly
recorded IRR route objects in, for instance, RADB.  More BGP speakers properly filter their peers using information
that is published there.  Avoid future reachability problems by checking this today!

Yours,
A friendly route-server operator with strict filtering

-a

--
Andy Davidson            Asteroid International BV
https://www.asteroidhq.com    @asteroidhq   @andyd