nanog mailing list archives

Re: Hurricane Maria: Summary of communication status - and lack of

From: Phil Rosenthal <pr () isprime com>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 09:47:44 -0400

Has anyone heard anything about Liberty Cablevision / AS14638?

Our Netflow stats show a traffic drop to zero at the moment of landfall of Maria, late on 9/19, and a continued flat
line at zero until now. Almost 11 days without a single packet exchanged. This is (as far as I am aware), the #2
largest ISP in Puerto Rico.

By comparison, Claro’s traffic certainly has dropped by a large degree, but it always stayed at least slightly above
zero, and is roughly at 10% of normal traffic levels today.

-Phil