nanog mailing list archives

Re: Question about Customer Population by ASN for Canada

From: Eric Dugas <edugas () unknowndevice ca>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2017 16:17:50 -0400

For some reason my previous email was empty.

What I wrote:

"Some of these numbers are largely inflated...

e.g. Teksavvy at 937,855 estimated users. How can they have 937,855 users
if they "only" have 686,848 IPv4 (https://bgp.he.net/AS5645)?

Also, Allstream/Zayo AS15290 has a lot of IPs but it's mostly corps/govs.
So it's a mix of inflated and false positives.

Eric"

Eric