nanog mailing list archives

Ping a Comcast Business DNS Admin?

From: "Aaron C. de Bruyn via NANOG" <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 15:33:46 -0700

I'm hoping a Comcast engineer can clear something up for me:

If I recall correctly siteprotect.com is used by Comcast Business hosting.

We have a mutual customer who has their domain NS pointed at
ADNS.CS.SITEPROTECT.COM and BDNS.CS.SITEPROTECT.COM and those servers
resolve their domain properly, but as of two weeks ago I no longer
have the option to edit the customer's zone when signing in to
businessclass.comcast.net.

Phone reps have said "we don't manage you DNS" or "NetSol is their
registrar", or even "Hmm...you're right, there's something wrong, but
I don't know what's going on".

On top of all of that, Comcast told this mutual customer to update
their DNS records because they are being migrated to Office 365.  But
the customer can't access it to edit it.

Feel free to contact me off-list for the domain and customer details.

-A